Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I HATE SNOW!!!!

What the heck is going on? We have had a foot of snow up here today - no kidding - a foot! I am so ready to move. It is beautiful though - I just really like the blue sky, a slight breaze through my hair, and the sound of water beating ever so slightly against the lake shore.....ahhhhhh the sounds of summer.........

Okay, back to reality. We are in the thick of school work. Steve is in school, the kids are in school and I am the one doing all of the homework! It doesn't get any better then that!

Britney was in the school spelling bee a week ago. She did great. I did not get to stay and watch the entire thing because I had to get back to work, but she said she made it to the 7th or 8th round and there were only about 5 or 6 kids still standing when she got out. There were 22 kids that started with her. So I think that is amazingly great, especially considering that we didn't study hardly at all. I tried to get her to read through all of the words. She kind of seems to have a little bit of a photographic memory. So I know if she can just see the word at least once then she has a pretty good chance. We are so proud!


Trenton just finished Basketball season. He loved it! Him and Timothy were on the same team and they had a great time. Trenton was without a doubt the best guard in the league. When you look at the picture I am putting in here - check out those arms - yes, he is only 8. So he figured out the rules and dribbling and passing and guarding, but scoring - well he is going to perfect that next year.


They both did awsome on their parent teacher conferences. Britney's reading has improved soooo much this year, she had gone up a whole grade and a half and Trenton's teacher said we can go ahead and start working on multiplications with him.


Steve just loves school - ha ha ha! His determination always amazes me though. He is taking a writing class and that just isn't his thing. But he will get an A, he always does - he's amazing.


There is nothing note worthy that comes from me. I am the mom. So I guess that's why the rest of these people are so successful!! Ha ha ha I am just a laugh a minute. So everyone have a great week! I'll try to get some interesting pictures in here.



Britney's birthday






No comments: