Saturday, May 2, 2009

My first race!

Okay, so I was in my very first race ever today! It was a 5K run/walk/jog. I walked and jogged. So far the longest I can run without stopping is a half mile. I wanted to get a feel for what I am in for, that is why I entered this race. It was uphill for the first half mile, which killed every muscle in my body. It was also raining the entire time. But I was in good spirits and very glad that I did it. I also had the best cheering section ever. Half-way through the race I looked up and there was Steve and the kids standing on the corning yelling, "run mama, run." So Steve got a picture of me running. I guess I inspired them, because they said they all want to run it with me next year. We are all going to start training together. Maybe I can get them to run in the Sunset City 5K on July 25th with me.

at the beginning of the race - much anticipation

in the middle of the race

the blessed finish line!

enjoying a banana with the family

my personal cheerleaders

do we look cold? because we are. =)

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hansen said...

You ran in a race!!! Wow sis I am proud of you. You know I thought about doing that once....but my in-laws would enjoy that to much :) No J/K maybe I should reconsider it. But congrats!

Katie said...

Congrats on the race! It's always great to accomplish a goal isn't it? Good for you!