It has been a while, but we are well. Steve had shoulder surgery in June and it has been quite the ordeal for all of us. I think the kids enjoyed it though because the got their dad all to themselves for a month. They were great too. They would make their lunches and clean up and help Steve with whatever he needed. When I would get home from work Steve would say, "These kids get whatever they want tonight, they have been wonderful." We honestly don't know how we got so lucky to get the great kids that we have.
Well, enough of the sappy stuff. Trenton and Britney both played ball this summer. Trenton's game improved 200%. He was excellent at hitting this year and did everything right out in the field. The last 3-4 games he started playing catcher and really liked it. He was really good at it, Steve and I were so proud.
Well, we went to Lava Hot Springs last week. We had a blast. I think tubing down the river was the favorite for all of us. The very first time we went down we didn't know what we were doing, so we put in kind of high up the river. So after I got in, I heard a guy across the river yell to another guy that you have to stay to the left or the waterfall will get you. So I yell those instruction to Steve, he of course was able to get to the left, but me and Trenton did not manuver as well. Trenton and I were in a two man tube together and Steve and Britney were together. Anyway, so me and Trenton get sucked down this 4 feet waterfall, the tube jumps out from underneath us and lands on our heads. I was tall enough to find some footing as the river is not very deep. Thankfully Trenton was wearing his life jacket. Man....he played it like a pro. He just came up out of that water and was looking for the rope that was around the outside edge of the tube. He never panicked, was just working the problem. Thankfully some guy grabbed a hold of our tube so we could get our footing long enough to get back on. It was totally fun. It was good to see Trenton in action. Now I know that in a tense situation he will use his head. Totally proud mama here.
So we went tubing Wed. and Friday. Played at the pool all day on Thursday - awsome pool - really fun to even stay all day. Friday we also went exploring and found an ice cave and went to the fish hatchery. Then friday night we went on a wagon ride up the canyon and they served us dinner when we got the the stopping point. It was really cute and a nice change of pace. They also let the kids drive the wagons.....or horses....or whatever. Anyway, they actually held the reigns in their hands and everything. Our kids of course thought that was awsome. We also made sure everyone at the dinner sang Happy Birthday to Steve. He was not happy with me about that, but I was quite please with myself.
So I'll put some pictures in of our trip now. I am just sad that the summer is coming to an end. It just feels like it went way to fast. Usually I am glad for the kids to get back to school, but not this year. I miss them greatly when I go to work. Why don't we have a lottery in Utah?
Britney burned her eyes at the pool.
Spulunking at the ice cave.
1 comment:
Great pictures. Me and Katie both wish we could be involved in some softball. Good luck with the shoulder Britany.
Ben
Post a Comment